Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Watching Him Go


This poem is about a boy leaving for college. A mother and his lover are standing side by side, they don't know who each other are. The first four lines are the girl, then the next three his mother, then the girl again.
This is what they said: 


Oh goodness, goodness, goodness, what I am to do.

A little lost girl in this big brave world

Soon I will be left to my own devices and I need to study more, 

Train, and learn how to live with my Love so far away from me.

I hope he will be okay being so far…and free….
just what he always wanted.. free..

I still see him as a little boy, young and so far from 18,

So far from freedom, and so close to me.

The perfection that he had was amazing.

What we made was almost pure, but…...with precautions taken…so his life isn’t burned.


No comments:

Post a Comment